Monday, July 8, 2013

SearchCharm - Unified Search Experience in Windows 8.1

I am using windows 8.1 preview since many weeks without any problem. Search experience brings together the online and the offline worlds and it allows users to look for information virtually everywhere.

Traditional Web Search
Do I want to access cnn? Easy. I start to insert the query and I get both the web site and some relevant suggestions including cnn news and cnn money. Suggestions are generated by my group in London.




Navigating windows 
Do I want to access windows control panel? No problem, I just use the same interface and search paradigm.



Cloud search
What if I want to access my files stored in the cloud? Here I have my cv saved on Microsoft Skydrive and accessing it is as easy as searching via the charm





Local search
What if I want to access my files stored in my local computer? Here I have some videos saved on my local computer and accessing them is as easy as searching via the charm





No comments:

Post a Comment